Thursday, October 26, 2006


This is Napa.
I took this picture last November. We were driving around the Napa area, taking in the sites. I rolled down the window and randomly took a shot. This is the nicest pic of the area I have ever taken.
I love Napa in November. The tourists are gone, most of the vines are turning a delicious mustard color or a dark ruby red. The air is cool but not cold. The skies are mostly blue. The people who work and live there are very relaxed because the crowds are gone. The wine and food are spectacular. You do take a risk that a particular cellar might not be tasting in November, but it is a risk I have taken before and will take again and again.
But not this November. This November I am going to Florida. I suppose I will have a nice time. I suppose I will be glad to get away from this cold rain and the grey skies. I looked at weather.com and the Tampa area is calling for 81 and partly cloudy. Sounds nice. But I am pining for Napa/Sonoma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home