Thursday, January 26, 2006

Not much to say

I don't have much to say. I have been busy... you know with all the worrying about not having plans and washing... always washing.

Besides, according to MSN, yesterday was the most depressing day of the year. How did the powers that be decide that the middle of January would mark the bleakest time of the year? Let's try to follow their logic - post holiday, overcast, the strip on the credit card is worn off after Christmas, weight gain from too many cookies, cold, heavy coats, stuck inside, shoes get messed up from slushy sidewalks and streets, seatbelts don't fit right with insulating bulk, dry skin, dry lips, oh sh*it - my chapstick was in the dryer again, a**hole didn't shovel his walk, please don't run out of wiper fluid - that truck is really spraying the salt, my nose is cold, my feet are cold, where the heck is my other red glove, I dropped my scarf in the cold, slushy puddle, my cheeks are windburned, is it dark already?

Depressing, isn't it?

I can't wait until spring.

4 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a January night, but not as cold as some. Its a time of waiting to be sure. And there are signs of hope. Like the warmer days in the 30s and 40s. Like bright sun and blue skies instead of grey. Like just a little more sunlight on the drive home from work if I leave early enough. Hints and promises of things to come. Of many good things that when we wait finally come to us. We all long for those days.

And in the meanwhile there is soap.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Iwanski said...

You're just a regular ray of sunshine, aren't you?

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a good writer. Very expressive.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home